All International Students at Lynfield College must live in approved and supervised accommodation. Students can live in College homestays, or with a parent, close family relatives or friends as Designated Caregivers.


Lynfield College operates its own Homestay Programme with staff on site and available to students and families during the school day. In selecting and monitoring our Homestays we consider 'if a child of mine was to go to study overseas, what sort of environment and safeguards would we want for them?'
All prospective Homestays are interviewed, undergo a Police Vet Check and have their homes inspected according to the requirements of the Code of Practice. Many families have worked with the school for more than ten years. Students will have their own fully-furnished room, all meals including a lunch to bring to school, and have their laundry done. Most homes are within walking distance to Lynfield College.
In order for suitable placements to be made please complete the Student Homestay Information form as thoroughly as possible.
Homestay-copy.jpg Family-picnic-copy.jpg

Living with a Parent

Immigration New Zealand allows parents to live with and care for their child while they study in New Zealand on a Student Visa. It is the parent’s responsibility to provide the school with their local address and contact details, and to advise of any changes. Lynfield College requires the parent to provide evidence of a current visa.

Designated Caregivers

A Designated Caregiver is a relative or close family friend known by the student’s parents. In order to be deemed suitable, the Designated Caregiver must agree to be interviewed, provide references, agree to a Police Vet Check of all members of their household over 17 years of age and agree to an inspection of their home. 

Their home will be revisited from time to time to ensure it meets the needs and welfare of the student. This is required by the 'Code of Practice for the Care of International Students' under New Zealand law. Before a student can be placed with a Designated Caregiver the school must be supplied with an 'Indemnity Document' completed and signed by the international student's parent. 
At-home-copy.jpg Host-family-copy.jpg