Lynfield College is committed to providing
a quality experience for International Students
Our International Student Programme began in the 1980s. Its success has been due to the quality academic courses, excellent support systems and the availability of a wide range of opportunities in and out of school. International students from all over the world choose to study at Lynfield College, the majority for the long term, aiming to complete their high school education in New Zealand.
The academic NCEA programmes and qualifications provide students with a pathway to tertiary study both in NZ and overseas. The wide choice and flexibility of subjects offered enable students to select programmes suiting their ability, interest and future plans.
Lynfield College provides a broad range of opportunities and experiences:
- A wide subject choice set within a flexible course structure
- Strong academic programmes leading to internationally recognised university entrance qualifications
- The opportunity to develop English language skills prior to entering mainstream classes in the ESOL foundation / high school preparation class
- A welcoming and friendly multi-cultural experience
- Opportunities to join sports teams, arts and cultural clubs
- Excellent pastoral care and support both in and out of school
- To live with a caring Kiwi host family in a pleasant residential suburb surrounded by a supportive community, good recreational facilities and convenient access to both city and airport
- The chance to live in New Zealand’s largest city and experience its beaches, shopping malls, golf courses, outdoor activities and mild climate.
For more information on our unique New Zealand educational experience go to:
The College operates its own Homestay Programme. Local families choose to open their homes to provide students with a safe, caring environment and give them opportunities to improve their English and experience New Zealand culture and hospitality. In compliance with the Code of Practice all families must be police vetted and every placement is monitored.
Relationships with overseas schools and organisations have enabled Lynfield students the opportunity to travel overseas to enhance their language learning, experience a new culture and make global connections.
The College’s relationship with Shinagawa City, Japan provides Japanese language students with the chance to participate in the Friendship delegation which travels to Shinagawa every two years. Similarly relationships with schools in Germany and China provide reciprocal exchange opportunities.
Lynfield College enjoys hosting international students from many different cultures
Among them are students from China, Japan, Brazil, Spain, Germany, India, Myanmar, Hong Kong, Korea and Taiwan. Click on the flag below to read our Lynfield College profile in your own language.