Automotive course work is based on Level 2 and 3 Unit Standards published by the Automotive Training Organisation and is delivered at Lynfield College in partnership with Unitec. It builds on the work done in Technology during years 9, 10 and 11. During the course students will be assessed on their practical skills, knowledge in the automotive industry and associated theory.
Opportunities and Experiences
- Develop and use basic engineering skills.
- Gain credits in selected Unit Standards in Automotive Engineering, contributing to a national certificate in Automotive Engineering.
- Gain practical experience in the relevant areas of Automotive Engineering.
- To experience a range of real life situations and applications.
- To advance student’s knowledge of Automotive Engineering.
- To give students a positive working environment.
- To give students access to a sound and challenging career.
Just some of the careers available:
- Automotive Engineer
- Automotive Electrician
- Vehicle Fabrication