Year 12: NCEA Level 2
- All students must take a programme of SIX courses.
- All students must do FOUR consecutive years of English or have a minimum of Level 2 English.
- A well-balanced course programme is required.
- Achievement Standards and Unit Standards can provide credits for Tertiary entrance or qualifications – see the University Entrance requirements.
- No more than TWO Visual Arts-related courses may be taken
- Candidates with appropriate Level 2 results may do Level 3 courses.
- Students aiming at doing a degree course at a tertiary institution should take great care that their selected courses are also available as a Level 3 course in Year 13. It is a good idea to choose your Year 13 courses first and then work backwards to your Year 12 choices. ( FIVE courses at Level 3 are needed.)
Full descriptions of all courses offered at the College are contained in the 2017 Senior Course Information Booklet
. A completed Course Selection Form
should be handed to your form teacher.